Bath & Body Works Inc. (NYSE: BBWI), a provider of personal care and home fragrance products, has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2023.
- First-quarter net sales decreased 4% annually to $1.40 billion from $1.45 billion in the comparable period of 2022
- Net income was $81 million in the April quarter, compared to $155 million in the prior-year quarter
- On an adjusted basis, earnings nearly halved to $0.35 per share from $0.64 per share last year
- Excluding the gain on the early extinguishment of debt, adjusted earnings per share fell to $0.33 from $0.64 per share
- The company reaffirmed its earlier guidance of flat net sales to a mid-single-digit decline for fiscal 2023
- Full‐year earnings per share, on a reported basis, are expected to be between $2.70 and $3.10, compared to $3.40 in 2022
- The company expects full‐year 2023 adjusted earnings per share to be in the range of $2.68 to $3.08
Looking for more insights on the earnings results? Click here to access the full transcripts of the latest earnings conference calls!
Ulta Beauty (ULTA) Earnings: 1Q23 Key Numbers
Ulta Beauty, Inc. (NASDAQ: ULTA) reported net sales of $2.6 billion for the first quarter of 2023, up 12.3% from the same period a year ago. Comparable sales grew 9.3%.
Costco (COST) Q3 2023 earnings drop on weak sales growth
Costco Wholesale Corporation (NASDAQ: COST) on Thursday reported a 2% increase in third-quarter 2023 revenues. However, the warehouse behemoth's earnings declined. Third-quarter revenue increased 1.9% to $53.6 billion from $52.6 billion
Key takeaways from Dollar Tree’s (DLTR) Q1 2023 earnings report
Shares of Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR) were down 9% on Thursday after the company delivered mixed results for the first quarter of 2023. The discount retailer missed expectations on