PPG Industries, Inc. (NYSE: PPG), a leading manufacturer of paints, coatings, and specialty materials, on Friday, reported higher sales and net profit for the first quarter of 2023.
- First-quarter net sales increased 2% year-over-year to a record high of $4.38 billion
- Net income was $264 million or $1.11 per share in the March quarter, compared to $18 million or $0.08 per share a year earlier
- On an adjusted basis, earnings increased 33% annually to $1.82 per share during the three-month period
- The company had cash and short-term investments totaling nearly $1.5 billion at the end of the quarter
- For the second quarter, the company expects reported earnings per share to be in the range of $1.92 to $2.02
- Adjusted earnings per share, excluding amortization expense, is expected to be between $2.05 and $2.15 in Q2
Looking for more insights on the earnings results? Click here to access the full transcripts of the latest earnings conference calls!
Discount store chain Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) will be reporting third-quarter results next week. Operating nearly 20,000 stores across the US, it is one of the largest supermarket chains
Shares of Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR) were up over 1% on Thursday. The stock has dropped 13% year-to-date. The discount retailer delivered third-quarter 2023 earnings results that did not
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) reported its third quarter 2023 earnings results today. Total company sales were $34 billion compared to $34.2 billion for the same period last year. Identical sales