Categories AlphaGraphs, Consumer, Earnings

McCormick (MKC) Q2 profit jumps 31%, beats estimates

McCormick & Company, Incorporated (NYSE: MKC) reported its financial results for the second quarter ended May 31, 2020. The results were significantly impacted by a shift in consumer demand resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic.

McCormick (MKC) reports q2 2020 earnings

The company’s exceptional consumer segment growth was driven by a substantial increase in demand as consumers were cooking more at home. In the flavor solutions segment, the results were significantly impacted by sharp declines in demand from restaurants and other foodservice customers as away from home dining was significantly curtailed.

McCormick reported an 8% sales increase in the second quarter from the year-ago period, including a 2% unfavorable impact from currency. In constant currency, total sales grew 10% year-over-year.

The operating environment continues to evolve and, while the company’s year-to-date fiscal 2020 performance has been strong, there remains a high degree of uncertainty about the pace and shape of the COVID-19 recovery. As a result, the company is not providing new fiscal 2020 guidance at this time.

Take a look at our Consumer articles

Most Popular

Infographic: How Starbucks (SBUX) performed in Q1 2023

Starbucks Corporation (NASDAQ: SBUX) reported first quarter 2023 earnings results today. Consolidated net revenues increased 8% year-over-year to $8.7 billion, in line with projections.   Global comparable store sales increased

Earnings: Google parent Alphabet (GOOG, GOOGL) reports lower Q4 profit

Alphabet Inc. (NASDAQ: GOOGL, GOOG) on Thursday reported a 1% increase in fourth-quarter 2022 revenues, with strong contributions from the cloud business. The company, which owns the largest internet search

HOG Earnings: Key quarterly highlights from Harley-Davidson’s Q4 2022 financial results

Harley-Davidson, Inc. (NYSE: HOG) reported fourth quarter 2022 earnings results today. Revenue increased 12% year-over-year to $1.14 billion. Net income attributable to Harley-Davidson, Inc. rose 94% YoY to $42 million,

Add Comment
Loading...
Cancel
Viewing Highlight
Loading...
Highlight
Close
Top