Expeditors International of Washington, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPD) announced financial results for the second quarter of 2023. The logistics company said it would continue the efforts to streamline costs to align with the slowdown in demand.
- Earnings attributable to shareholders, on a per-share basis, was $1.30 in the June quarter, down 43% year-over-year
- Net income attributable to shareholders decreased 48% year-over-year to $197 million during the three-month period
- Second-quarter operating income was $248 million, down 51% from the prior-year period
- The bottom line was negatively impacted by a 51% fall in revenues to $2.2 billion
- In Q2, airfreight tonnage volume decreased 15%, and ocean container volume dropped13%
Looking for more insights on the earnings results? Click here to access the full transcripts of the latest earnings conference calls!
Nike, Inc. (NYSE: NKE) on Thursday reported results for the first three months of fiscal 2024, reporting a modest rise in revenues. The sneaker giant reported net income of $1.45
Shares of Accenture plc (NYSE: ACN) were down 4% on Thursday after the company delivered mixed results for the fourth quarter of 2023 and provided full-year guidance that came below
CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX) reported second quarter 2024 earnings results today. Net revenues were $7.1 billion, down 13.1% compared to the same period a year ago. Net earnings declined 5.8%