Specialty apparel company GAP Inc. (NYSE: GPS) announced financial results for the third quarter of 2023, reporting a decrease in earnings and revenues.
- Third-quarter net sales came in at $3.8 billion, which is down 7% compared to last year
- Comparable store sales decreased 2% year-over-year during the three-month period
- The company ended the quarter with 3,533 store locations in over 40 countries
- Online sales, which represent 38% of total net sales, decreased by 8% in Q3 compared to the same period last year
- Gross margin came in at 41.3% in Q3, which is up 390 basis points versus last year’s third-quarter
- Reported operating income was $250 million; reported operating margin came in at 6.6%
- Third-quarter net income decreased to $218 million or $0.58 per share from $282 million or $0.77 per share last year
- Adjusted earnings decreased to $0.59 per share during the three-month period
Listen to the conference calls as they happen. Don't miss a beat! With AlphaStreet Intelligence, you can listen to live calls and interviews as they happen, so you never have to worry about missing out on important information.
Salesforce, Inc. (NYSE: CRM) reported strong third-quarter results this week, triggering a stock rally that marked one of the biggest single-day gains. The impressive performance reflects the continued strong demand
Shares of the J.M. Smucker Co. (NYSE: SJM) rose over 1% on Friday. The stock has dropped 29% year-to-date. The branded foods company is set to report its earnings results
Ulta Beauty, Inc. (NASDAQ: ULTA) reported net sales of $2.5 billion for the third quarter of 2023, up 6.4% year-over-year, helped by increased comparable sales, strong new store performance, and