Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. (NYSE: MLM), a supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, has reported financial results for the third quarter of 2023.
- The company generated record revenues of $1.9 billion in Q3, which is up 10.5% from the prior-year period
- Third-quarter gross profit increased 38.4% year-over-year to a record of $649.5 million
- Aggregate shipments decreased by 7.3% percent; demand in certain Midwest and Southwest markets was soft, while some key Southeast markets experienced strong demand
- Cement shipments were 1.1 million tons in Q3, which is relatively flat; pricing increased 18.9 percent, or 18.6 percent on a mix-adjusted basis
- Operating cash flow for the nine months ended September 30 was $972.5 million, compared with $560.7 million last year
- The company returned $278.2 million to shareholders through dividend payments and share repurchases in the third quarter
- For fiscal 2023, the management expects total revenues to be in the range of $ 6.735 billion to $ 6.855 billion
Listen to the conference calls as they happen. Don't miss a beat! With AlphaStreet Intelligence, you can listen to live calls and interviews as they happen, so you never have to worry about missing out on important information.
Discount store chain Dollar General Corporation (NYSE: DG) will be reporting third-quarter results next week. Operating nearly 20,000 stores across the US, it is one of the largest supermarket chains
Shares of Dollar Tree, Inc. (NASDAQ: DLTR) were up over 1% on Thursday. The stock has dropped 13% year-to-date. The discount retailer delivered third-quarter 2023 earnings results that did not
The Kroger Co. (NYSE: KR) reported its third quarter 2023 earnings results today. Total company sales were $34 billion compared to $34.2 billion for the same period last year. Identical sales