- Event ends.
- Apple shares trading down 1.49% at 2:47PM ET.
- Oprah wants to build ” the biggest, most vibrant, most stimulating book club on the planet.”
- Oprah on stage. Working on two documentaries — Toxic labor on workplace harassment, and another unnamed one on mental health.
- Apple gives out a montage of its shows.
- JJ Abrams and Sara Bareilles talks about their show ‘Little Voice’ about musicians.
- Apple will have an educational show on coding.
- Pakistani-American comedian Kumail Nanjiani on stage next. Will be part of a show called ‘Little America’ which will have human-interest stories of immigrants.
- It’s the Aquaman on stage now – Jason Momoa. Will be part of a science fiction set in future.
- Reese Witherspoon, Jennifer Aniston and Steve Carell take the stage. They will be doing The Morning Show.
- Steven Spielberg on stage! Says the first time at Apple. Will be resurrecting 93-year-old Amazing Stories brand for Apple TV+.
- New service — Apple TV+
- Apple TV app coming to Mac and smart TVs of other brands.
- AAPL shares down 1.47% at 1:59PM ET.
- Up next is Apple TV Channels — includes shows from HBO, EPSN plus etc. Features: Pay for what you want, On-demand and ad-free, Online or offline, family sharing. It will be available in May.
- Available this fall in over 150 countries.
- All Arcade games playable offline across iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV.
- Apple’s gaming service will be called Apple Arcade. Will have a new tab on the app store.
- AAPL shares down 1.16% at 1:40PM ET.
- On the card, no CVV, signature, security code or expiration date.
- Apple doesn’t know what you bought.
- No Late Fees, annual fees, international fees or over-limit fees on Apple Card. Lower interest rate. In partnership with Goldman Sachs.
- Daily Cash feature refunds 2% of the purchase amount. 3% if purchases directly from Apple.
- Tim Cook introduces APPLE CARD. Sign up on iPhone and you get your Apple Card in minutes.
- 10 billion Apple Pay transactions in 2019. To be available in over 40 countries by the end of this year.
- Apple News Plus will also be available in Canada in English and French. Will be available soon in Australia and Europe.
- Price of Apple News+ is $9.99 per month with family sharing facility. It is going live today and the first month is free.
- Apple News does not allow advertisers to track you!
- Includes Wall Street Journal, LA Times.
- Magazine UI looks impressive. Looks as if it’s designed specifically for iPhone.
- VP of Applications Roger Rosner on stage.
- Apple brings magazines to Apple News. It’s upgraded to Apple News+. Includes WIRED, Vogue, GQ, Conde Naste Traveller.
- Introduces Apple News. TIm Cook says Apple News is the no 1 news app.
- Stresses on Apple’s commitment to privacy.
- Tim Cook on stage. He is talking about Apple’s services, as expected.
Apple (AAPL) is conducting yet another grand event at its Cupertino campus today and the tech world is gung-ho. The iPhone-maker is expected to unveil a slew of new services, the prominent one being the much-touted streaming service, which would compete with Netflix (NFLX), Amazon (AMZN) Prime Video and Hulu.
The company may also announce services related to gaming or magazine content. Keep refreshing this page for the live updates from the event.
Notably, the tech giant had last week made a surprise launch of the new iPad mini, Airpods 2, a 2019-version of iPad Air as well as iMac.
AAPL shares were down 0.70% minutes before the starting of the event. Netflix (NFLX) was, meanwhile, trading up 0.3%.